A330 V0.90

I just wanted a quick update on V0.90. Last September it was said you would have it in the 1st qtr of 2019, but we're well into the 3rd qtr now. I was just wondering if there is a release timeframe? No pressure :)

Comments

• an update would be welcome and appreciated.
  • Yes I really cant wait for this update. I just flew the 330-200 on a ETOPS long haul flight and all went well. We need a just little update for the icing on the cake. Love the new liveries as well.
  • edited September 2019
    How was the landing...was it a smooth one?
  • As i have previously commented: "Progress is well underway with V0.90, however due to personal circumstances with the main developers outside of their control, development has had to slow down to allow them to recover from situations they have been placed in."

Regards,

Jake
  • It would be a great XMas present :)

I second that.

• They have or are going to do another runner. This company is a complete joke. I'll be dead before they finish an aircraft. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell this garbage anymore.
  • They have or are going to do another runner. This company is a complete joke. I'll be dead before they finish an aircraft. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell this garbage anymore.

Thierry,

"They have or are going to do another runner" Is completely wrong so congratulations on making youreself look rather silly!

What you seem to forget is that BBS is a team of TWO people, not a plethora of developers who's full time job is to work on aircraft one after each other, these are real people, with jobs and families to look after, as well as satisfy the flight sim community.

V0.90 is in development, I've been informed that the product is 90% complete with the last 10% comprising of a re-write of the MCDU and NAV systems.

Regards,

Jake
  • All I can say is that I’m looking forward to the release. And don’t rush for the sake of release. A 2 man team I must say Cudos to you for taking on this huge task and sticking to it.
  • Even beauty changes
  • edited December 2019
    Would be nice to see some news. Some screenshots maybe.
    But we shouldn't rush them.
  • edited March 2020

As i have previously commented: "Progress is well underway with V0.90, however due to personal circumstances with the main developers outside of their control, development has had to slow down to allow them to recover from situations they have been placed in."

Regards,

Jake

Hi Jake, I would guess that you have been dumped into the deep-end so it is probably unfair to give you too much of a hard time but questions that have been unanswered for a long time need to be answered.
    In reply to the question about why progress is so slow you say that there are only two BB developers, if that is so why on earth are they working on 10 TEN! different aircraft?
    You say that the developers are recovering from personal issues, can we expect therefore to see a marked improvement in progress leading up to a release very soon? After all it has been six months since you said that.
    That having been said we have been fed that story for much longer than six months, indeed the current download version has not changed in more than two years! You must agree therefore that a lot of your existing and prospective customers are getting very concerned and disbelieving. A lot of the others have given up completely. So will BB please start a new leaf and become more open about what is REALLY going on?
    Thank you.
    Mike
  • Nothing has changed, two new moderators have been hired but still posts and queries are not being commented upon or being answered. It is nearly two months since Jake contributed to this topic.
    I can only concluded that BB has no feel for its customers old and new.
    Sadly it would seem that many have invested in a failing project that is now unlikely to be completed. :-1: :(
  • Mike M said:

Nothing has changed, two new moderators have been hired but still posts and queries are not being commented upon or being answered. It is nearly two months since Jake contributed to this topic.
    Sadly it would seem that many have invested in a failing project that is now unlikely to be completed. :-1: :(

I'd have to agree MikeM, I have been waiting 7 years for this "prologue" to be finished. They are happy to take your money, but don't deliver and can't handle criticism.
  • edited April 2020
    I also start to doubt BBS more and more
  • Even beauty changes

Mike M said:

Nothing has changed, two new moderators have been hired but still posts and queries are not being commented upon or being answered. It is nearly two months since Jake contributed to this topic.

I'd have to agree MikeM, I have been waiting 7 years for this "prologue" to be finished. They are happy to take your money, but don't deliver and can't handle criticism.

Completely in agreement with you, there is no respect for the client and criticism bothers them, because I pay and I demand.
  • I bought my BBS in April 2013, we were promised a successful model. 2020 always beautiful images and little info. 10% to finish ... it's been a long time since I believe in it anymore. But I thought I was the only one who had this thought. believe no
  • Shades of this mob - Phoenix Simulation Software

I second that.

• we're not sure which XMas it will be?? 2050?
  • The most wasted money in the world of simulation, they only know how to laugh at users, they never show their faces and they do not admit criticism.
    Well I tell the consumer something BBS is respected !!!!!!!!!!!

• a320 neo by default from fs2020 with its permanent improvements widening the gap with the baby not released. it's sad.8 years to wait, fortunately FS2020 that I have not yet bought ... advance quickly. It's truly sad..
  • So sad when i read all these comments...this post started in 2018..and jake even replied then that 90% job is done...and only 10% remains!! Its been 2 years and that 10% is not yet complete?! this is absurd! no updates, no response to this from the developers?! Rather than finishing the wide body extreme they move to neo version! That is just cheating the customers! We need the update v0.9! this is too much!
  • Actually I can't expect less for 0.90, I rather just want a quick fix for flare law....
  • They just announced a new plane for MSFS2020, yet we're still waiting on 0.90 release!
  • Good job the new plane is "only" the Bird Dog and not some complex, electronic airliner, judging by the amount of bad press it has received. MSFS is not ready for the big iron yet, regardless of WHO produces them, but it is a shame that we are not seeing any update (even if it's to say how things are going in general with BBS, let alone bits or progress towards 0.9 , such as V0.88 etc.) OK, I DO like v0.87 for FSX:SE,it is far and above better than any freeware out there, so yes I am glad I paid in to the Prologue. That is just my single opinion as an armchair pilot and not a real pilot, among many opinions though...

Thierry,

"They have or are going to do another runner" Is completely wrong so congratulations on making youreself look rather silly!

What you seem to forget is that BBS is a team of TWO people, not a plethora of developers who's full time job is to work on aircraft one after each other, these are real people, with jobs and families to look after, as well as satisfy the flight sim community.

V0.90 is in development, I've been informed that the product is 90% complete with the last 10% comprising of a re-write of the MCDU and NAV systems.

Regards,

Jake
    Well Jake....been almost a year since you said that. I think the only one who's making themselves look silly is you.

Trust me...NOBODY has forgotten that BS is a "team of TWO people". And stop with the "jobs and families to look after, as well as satisfy the flight sim community"....News flash Jake.....satisfying the flight sim community IS their job!. They are NOT supposed to be "part time" devs....BBS is their registered business.....let me state this again in case YOU forgot....THIS IS THEIR JOB! GET IT? BBS is a REGISTERED business...not some part time hobby....they take people's money to produce products....guess what....that makes it a BUSINESS!
    Just one more time just in case you've forgotten since the last time I reminded you: THIS IS THEIR JOB! Are we clear now? Are you catchin my drift?...do you need me to try and explain it to you in a way you can understand?
    Next time you respond here...why don't you try doing your job?
    You know, the job Graham hired you to do....to take care of support issues...not "remind" us about how BBS is structured.
    We're all painfully aware that its a 2 man team....one is hard at work for a few years now to try to get the Airbus to v.90, the other seems to be dipping into the MSFS market with sub-par products, and ignores support requests about that product here in his own forum, while he seems to be very willing to reply in the MSFS forums.
    Do yourself a favor if you feel like being witty and trying to post a response that somehow will make me feel bad....don't, just do your damn job!
  • I was wondering on the whereabouts of any forum admins or any forum presence from the dev - I guess that Steve has reinforced that question with a far more eloquent and decisive post than I could manage! B) Thank you, Steve.

What would have been quite nice is a reply to my two recent emails. Yes the latter one mentioned that I had solved the activation "issue" I had, but still, a reply would have been good.... because I appear to be one of the "good guys" WHO ACTUALLY LIKES the BBS Widebody 'Buses and would wish to see them progress further in the current, stable sims before trying to get them to work in the brand new, hastily being patched, yet promising FS2020.
    If BBS' registered business is NOT a full time job, then please keep us informed or if that isn't possible, then formally close the business through the proper channels.
  • I was wondering on the whereabouts of any forum admins or any forum presence from the dev - I guess that Steve has reinforced that question with a far more eloquent and decisive post than I could manage! B) Thank you, Steve.

What would have been quite nice is a reply to my two recent emails. Yes the latter one mentioned that I had solved the activation "issue" I had, but still, a reply would have been good.... because I appear to be one of the "good guys" WHO ACTUALLY LIKES the BBS Widebody 'Buses and would wish to see them progress further in the current, stable sims before trying to get them to work in the brand new, hastily being patched, yet promising FS2020.
    If BBS' registered business is NOT a full time job, then please keep us informed or if that isn't possible, then formally close the business through the proper channels.

Hey Mark....1st and foremost as much at it appears in my 2 posts (check the one in the BirdDog forum...you know, the newest plane in the BBS family and one you'd THINK Mr. Waterfield would be anxious to support in his OWN forum), I am not someone who HATES BBS...I have the A340, generally like it...but never really flew it as I bought it to paint it for a friend.
    What I am an absolute HATER of is devs who push products, that, in all honesty, are woefully bad in regards to fit-n-finish, and switches that are upside down at release and was not even noticed before release for example? Seriously? You are asking $30US for a product with upside down switches? (one of MANY simple errors that have NEVER should have made it past a final once-over before release).
    Now...to Mr. Waterfield's credit, he has been very active in quickly fixing these issues, which demonstrates good form in my opinion. However, I do not enjoy watching him...in a public forum, degrade and belittle and try to deflect blame that should be squarely on the product on to his customers who have honest statements about the aircraft.
    Extremely bad form for anyone, and for a Commercial Developer, completely reprehensible.
    In my view...he came into the MSFS forum, beating his chest, full of spark, ready to announce to the world that he's given our community the end-all-be-all little bush plane. I'm fine with that, as long as the product quality matches the bravado he displayed. Simply put....it did not....not even close.
    And when customers (you know...the one's who just gave him money for his commercial product) started to voice their concern about issues with the bird, his attitude was anything but remorseful that he unwittingly released a product with so many bugs that he HAD to come out with a few very quick releases to prevent a full-out disastrous release when enough people started complaining. Again...I applaud him for this....and I can even get past the arrogance if he came back and told us he spent months building this plane from scratch in MSFS....its NOT a port, and he's been doing 18 hour days the last few weeks to get it to the sales floor....so he's a little tired and grumpy.

Nope. Instant defensive attitude, and acting in a way that made more than a few comment on his behavior towards customers and folks giving his little plane a fair and unbiased review (Yes Graham, you heard that right....one thing that set me over the edge with you is how you chose to handle a reviewer who did just that and did not put your plane in the limelight you were expecting. Not a single un-truth in the review, and yet you chose to go after him like he just kidnaped your family. Absolutely the worst behavior I have ever seen a commercial dev display, period.)

If he even displayed 1/2 the passion for taking care of his customers here (You know...HIS OWN FOURMS), I would probably be able to get past the abusive behavoir...at least we're getting answers and solutions to our issues. Nope....crickets here.....not a single reply.

Its gotta' make you wonder where his priorities lay. Doesn't even visit his own forum after a major release in what has become the most revolutionary release of a sim platform in flight sim history...instead choses to quite frankly, paint himself in a bad light in front of a world-wide audience.
    Mr Waterfield...a bit of friendly advice....TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN HOUSE before you go on a public, world-wide stage, taut how great you support your "product" (You have more than one you know)....and expect concerned folks like me not to come in here....un-supervised, and make a mess of your house with posts like these that normally would vanish quickly if this (YOUR) house was being watched by you, or those 2 mods you hired last year.....where are those guys by the way????

By the way....even though you can delete this reply....through the magic of copy/paste and the ability to take "screenshots" in the modern computer...this post will live forever, whatever you finally decide to do with it.
    Just remember, I am MORE than happy to post it...and many, many examples of the current state of your house to that world-wide platform you're more than happy to be active in right now, while ignoring your own house.
    If you do the right thing...I will be happy to post that as well....as I want to give you every chance to make this right....I REALLY do want you to succeed and give us quality planes.
    Choose to do the wrong thing, and you will indeed get the fame and notoriety any commercial developer strives for, but it will not be in a positive light I promise you. (but it'll be factual, and we'll let the public decide if your behavior is warranted)