FSUIPC CONFIGURATION AIRBUS FAMILY

Hello guys
I have the Prepar3d V4.2 flight simulator, I want to know, is it possible to configure the Airbus family totally with FSUIPC? giving up its configuration software?

Alessandro

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Alessandro,

I recently purchased the Airbus Family for P3Dv4, and I set up my controls by using the registered version of FSUIPC5. I use an XBOX 360 controller, along with the keyboard and mouse.

To give you an example, I set the Axis controls for the left control stick in the P3Dv4 Axis controls for the ailerons and elevators.

I set the rudders to be controlled by the Z Axis, which are the thumb triggers. However, I set those thumb triggers in the FSUIPC5 Axis menu to activate the left and right differential brakes when the triggers are pressed 3/4 of the way down. This also works great for rudder control and differential brakes on other aircraft as well (which is required to taxi some aircraft, like the Milviz P-38 and the JustFlight T1/A Trainer).

I use the left and right bumper buttons on the XBOX 360 controller for throttle up and down in the default P3Dv4 button settings. However, this didn't work well with the BBS Airbus Family, because anytime I would press one of those buttons, the throttle would either MAX/TOGA or CUT. To fix this, I set those buttons to Throttle Up Small Incr and Throttle Down Small Incr (button press repeats when button is held down) in the Key Presses config in FSUIPC5. This allowed the throttle to slide up and down normally as intended. I no longer have those buttons mapped to the default power up and down settings in P3Dv4.

Right and Left D Pad buttons are set to flaps up and down. Up and down on the D pad is trim up and down. Y button is speed brakes. X button is throttle CUT. B button is throttle MAX or TOGA. A Button is brakes. Start button is Gear Up/Down.

Remember that the T button on the keyboard activates the Tiller, so that you can steer the aircraft while taxiing. You'll want to deactivate the tiller prior to takeoff, and use the rudder to maintain straight down the runway.

I hope this is of some use to you and others that have found it difficult to map your controls. It took me awhile to figure out what was best for me.

Regards