Nose wheel steering and some FMS functions not working correctly

Hi,
I just purchased the A340-300 and -600.
The problem is, that the nosewheel steering is not working as intended (See image below). The wheel only steers a few degrees to the left/right and as You may imagine, turning is not possible this way. I assigned the rudder axis to my pedals and it's working with every other plane. Only the BB A340 is not working.

I know that by only moving the pedals in the real aircraft, exactly this happens: the wheel only moves a few degrees. You need a seperate tiller. I also know that the real tiller has a "nosewheel disconnect" pushbutton in its middle. When You press it, the wheel won't turn - and with the A340 here in P3D it's the same. One click on the pushbutton and the wheel doesn't turn. Another click and it turns, but only, as I said, very few degrees.

In Your calibration window, it is exactly the same. So, as a conclusion, I need a seperate tiller as key or axis assignment. But here is the problem: Where do I find this? P3D does not have an axis or key called "tiller" "wheel" or "steering".

Third problem is that as You can see in the third image, a lot of functions of the MCDU are not available. The question is why.

So here all questions made short:

1: What do I have to do in order to make the tiller work so my nose wheel steers correctly?
2: What do I have to do in order to enable these disabled funtions in the MCDU?

Thank You in advance for helping.

Comments

• Here's the third image.

• Jan,

To make the nose wheel steering work, you need to press the button on the tiller on the commanders side of the aircraft and ensure it remains depressed, i usually activate the tiller by using the roller function on my mouse.

In answer to your second question, you will have to wait until the update is released to use those functions.

Regards,

Jake
  • Please help, I am dealing with the same problem. Please see picture. The support I was given was to map the Tiller to my Rudder. That has not worked for me. As I understand it, FSX does not provide a Tiller and Rudder differential. I need help to get the nose wheel steering to work, and also to get the brakes to work. I understand this has been an issue, but no one since 2019 has made a comment on it. What is the fix, if any? I just bought this product. I'm being paid to do a flight with the plane and I'm expected to come through. Thanks, please help! Anything will be useful.