PORPOISING

RUNNING THE 319 WITH LOAD MANAGER ON MOST FLIGHTS NEAR FINAL ALTITUDE,I GET AMN UP AND DOWN MOTION WITH AP ON FOR DURATION OF FLIGHT THAT AP IS ON.WITHOUT AP FLIGHT IS SMOOTH-IS THERE A FIX FOR THIS SOON?

Comments

• REALLY DO LIKE THE PLANE
  • we are looking into this and an update will be released
  • Just purchased the A320/321 X-Treme version 0.87.8 and having the same porpoising/oscillation with AP above approx FL230. Has the update been released to fix this please ?
  • Just to add, this is FSX, A320, half load, Cost Index 50.
    Disappointed. Anybody, any comments, update/fix please ?
  • we are looking into this and an update will be released

Is there a fix for this or not or have I wasted my money ?
  • Hi, can you confirm the porpoising will be corrected in the upcoming V0.90 release?
  • Hi John

This is being discussed in another thread too. I cannot confirm anything as yet because work is continuing on the v0.90 release. Its not reached the Beta testing stage yet.
  • OK, just for your info, if I fly using the .AIR files dated 27/10/2017 the aircraft flies correctly but using the .AIR files dated 08/11/2017 the aircraft will start to purpoise above the reported altitude unless the A/P is turned off.
  • Ah ok - thanks for the investigative work there John. I'll get Graham and Ant looking into any differences between the two files. That's a great find.
  • Hi Guys.

Have been struggling with this for some months and after tweaking the aircraft.cfg file was able to fix this.

In the [flight_tuning] section change the pitch_stability=1.0000000 to 1.8000000.

Should solve the problem.

Regards
  • Thanks for posting this. We will compare this to our data during the beta testing stage of v0.90
  • Many thanks for this but we will have to make sure it has no adverse effect on FBW or other AP Functions before issuing it as "the fix"

I will do some tests asap and let you know the outcome
    hermar said:

Hi Guys.

Have been struggling with this for some months and after tweaking the aircraft.cfg file was able to fix this.

In the [flight_tuning] section change the pitch_stability=1.0000000 to 1.8000000.

Should solve the problem.

Regards