flightlevel

When I'm on flight level, the plane starts to wave. I did not have the previous version.
Does anyone know how to solve this because I get sea sick. haha

Comments

• weight and balance ? Cruise speed ?
    we would need full details of the flight

• When I'm on flight level, the plane starts to wave. I did not have the previous version.
    Does anyone know how to solve this because I get sea sick. haha

same problem myself too.
    when I arrive on a cruise dances up and down.
    also tried without any weather.
  • Same problem here. No matter the wheather or weight or balance. Tried diferent situations, and above FL 260 it start to wave, up and down. No problem before the update, but since then, it became not possible to fly because it keeps waving. (did most of the test on the A319 EasyJet Livery).
    Hope to have the solution before Christmas holidays, please
  • Same problem here. No matter the wheather or weight or balance. Tried diferent situations, and above FL 260 it start to wave, up and down. No problem before the update, but since then, it became not possible to fly because it keeps waving. (did most of the test on the A319 EasyJet Livery).
    Hope to have the solution before Christmas holidays, please

Just something I forgot to mention.
    The wave problem happens in Autopilot mode in tha A32X. It starts gentil until reaches crz Fl. If I disconnet tha autopilot and try to control the up and down movement, then it stablizes. If I turn the AutoPilot On, then it starts to wave again
  • Sounds like an over or undertuned PID controller to me, or your system is struggling to run the simulator...

Kind Regards,
    Josh
  • I can confirm this behavior.Did a flight yesterday at 25000 ft and autopilot flight was smooth as silk.But every flight above 30000 has the up and down seasick passenger motion.Hope the developers can give a ballpark timeline for a fix.
  • Can you confirm whether this is using a simulation rate of x1?
  • I can confirm, and like I already said, this only happens with the A32X family (I also have the A330/40 and no problem). Also if I disable the weather engine (mine is the opus) it stops waving. Did try severeal times with the same results (above fl300 it starts waving up and down, more aggressive with the higher altitude). Before the last update, No problem.

FSX version
  • Thanks for the update Henrique - there is another thread on a similar issue at the moment. In order to aid investigations, can you please let us know:

# AP and AT Engaged (in Cl mode) ?
    # Trim setting (Should be auto) but what is it reading ?
    # AUW / ZFW / FOB (And where Fuel location)
    # Cost index (Cruise spd and mach)

So far, we have been unable to reproduce the issue - hopefully with the additional information and support from the Community, we can resolve this for you.
  • Thanks for the update Henrique - there is another thread on a similar issue at the moment. In order to aid investigations, can you please let us know:

# AP and AT Engaged (in Cl mode) ?
    -- Correct

# Trim setting (Should be auto) but what is it reading ?
    Never noted but always trimmed in accordance with the indicated in tha Manager

# AUW / ZFW / FOB (And where Fuel location)
    -- Tried various configurations and the problem always remained

# Cost index (Cruise spd and mach)
    --- the same as for the fuel. tried various costs (5,15, until 45 if i remember, because since the update it became unflyable for me)

So far, we have been unable to reproduce the issue - hopefully with the additional information and support from the Community, we can resolve this for you.

--- I already knew this. But I can say that the only thing that changed the results was to turn of the weather engine (opus in mu case). For example, at Fl340 with Weather engine On, Waving, if disconneted, the plane returns to level. Turn it On again, and starts waving again

• Then perhaps you should be contacting Opus instead of us searching for an issue that could very easily be theirs
    ?
  • Don´t understand why. A have the wide body,and no problem (and that for all the others). The problem only started afther the BBS update, and again, only for the A32X family. So if nothing changed, except for the updated A32x family and WideBody (wich works just fine), and don´t understand the comment (and no sarcastic here),just wanting to help to help me and the others with the same problem
  • Your help is appreciated.

I think what Graham means is that it's a very strange issue and hard for us to diagnose the problem, and as part of the investigation, it would be useful if you (as their customer) could contact Opus to see if they are either aware of this, or have a possible solution for you.

Personally, I use Active Sky 2016 in P3D v4 and do not have this issue whether the weather engine is turned on or off. This is a particularly hard one to fix because it only seems to affect a very, very small number of people and as said before, we haven't been able to reproduce it as yet.
  • I understand, but still I think the answer will be "If it is only with that model and afther update of it, it can´t be our problem", and that´s comprehensible, I think.
    In the meantime, I will wait for the next update and hope it will work as the version before.
  • Hi Guys.

Have been struggling with this for some months and after tweaking the aircraft.cfg file was able to fix this.

In the [flight_tuning] section change the pitch_stability=1.0000000 to 1.8000000.

Should solve the problem.

Regards