Offsets for Airbus family

Does anyone know when can we expect offsets for airbus family to connect home cockpit with these airplanes?
Borna ;-)

Comments

• Hi,

I use quite a few hardware cockpit modules, and I have asked Graham the same question.
    He has advised that a SDK will be published when v1.0 is released.

In the mean time, I have completed a reasonable amount of coding for my hardware modules to work with the BBS Airbuses.
    As Graham explained to me, any programming I have done at this point, may not work in future releases, as BBS may have to change some of the interfaces and offsets by the time 1.0 is completed.

I'll have a chat to Graham first - I might be able to help you with some unofficial guidance on getting your home cockpit hardware to work with the A320/A330.

Regards
    David
  • Hi Borna,

I will be able to help you, and any other BBS customers interface cockpit hardware to the BBS Airbuses.

Please note that any information, data or assistance I can provide is unofficial, in no way associated with BBS.
    BBS have the right to modify any of the existing interfaces in any future releases and cant accept any liability for failures with future releases.

With that stated, can you provide some information on the hardware you are trying to interface, and what you would like to tackle first.
  • Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your help . Any help (including unoffical help) will be great. I doubt that in that state of product (0.8xx) will be sistem changes. If it will be it will be minor changes. Princip will certainly not be change.

I made my own hardware (Overhead, Glareshield, Pedestal ) + Adruino + Lua. + FSUIPC
    The princip is : I read the value of offset and send it to my hardware (LED) , or when I press button , KeyID is send to simulator via Adruino and write some values in offset address. In this way works many airplanes ( like standard FSX offset).

Now I'm using WIlco Airbus + Eric Marciano FSUIPC Exporter.

I will start with Glareshield, and then Overhead , Pedestal . MCDU keyboard is very important.

In one sentence I need offsets list and several examples.

Thank once again.

Borna ;-)
  • Any news ? How I can contact you ? I have try by email.
    Borna ;-)
  • Hi,

Apologies for not posting sooner, as Ive been very busy with some work related issues.

First things first, is to state that BBS use variables and events as defined in LM's SDK.
    For you to be able to control the BBS aircraft via hardware, your interface needs to understand and communicate via LVARs and EVENTS.

These are not the same as FSUIPC offsets, and, to be honest, FSUIPC offsets are quite old and not really officially supported by LM.

So, here is some info regarding the Strobe switch, for you to try and experiment with.

The Strobe switch position is stored in an LVAR called
    BB_OH_SW_STROBE
    and has 3 values, 0, 1 and 2, corresponding with the switch position, with 0 = off, 1 = auto and 2 = on.

To cause the switch to move from its current setting to the next 'on' state, you send the following EVENT
    118976 (dec) with 0 as the value - the event ID in hex is (0x1d0c0)

If the switch is in position 0 (off), it will move to position 1 (auto). If it was already in position 1 (auto) it will move instead to position 2 (on). If its already in position 2 (on) it will have no effect.

To move the switch towards the off position, you send EVENT
    118977 (dec) with 0 as a value - the event ID in hex is (0x1d0c1)

Please note that setting the LVAR value directly will not work for the strobe switch. The LVAR is a read-only variable, and the only way to change the switch position in the sim, is to send it the correct EVENT.

You will need to work out what hardware interface software you have available, and if it supports LVARS and EVENTS.

For the record, I use an excellent software package called GIT, however it is written to support GoFlight and LeoBodnar cards. Using this package I am able to detect and observe all LVARs and EVENTs associated with each switch and gauge in the BBS and other aircraft.
    I have experimented with SPAD.NEXT, but to be honest, SPAD.NEXT seems to detect and pick up very few LVARS and EVENTs, compared with GIT.

GIT has support for running LUA scripts, and can even read and write FSUIPC offsets, should any aircraft still use that ancient method.

If you had at least one Leo Bodnar card, you might be able to use GIT in conjunction with LUA scripts and maybe even custom FSUIPC offsets you might be able to create, to try to talk to your hardware.

One other option might be to try to persuade Steve, the author of GIT, to look at including support for Adruino boards directly in future versions of GIT.

Regards
    David
  • Hi David,

I understand that you were busy. It's OK.

So, as I understud I have to use EVENT for action.
    Before 2 years I have found file with alot of varijables and events for Blackbox airbus and I have made some lines for front panel.
    I made function whitch is called with timer event in witch are read and write values.

I did't find MCDU keys. If you have it , please can you send me it. These keys are very important for me. Without them I can't use my hardware in full.
    I wiil look for software package called GIT,

In your example for three (or more) state switch I have to use internal variable for remember current state to make increment or decrement state because in begining I don't know state of switch. When I Increment , I just increment in what ever state was.

Here is some LUA lines:

-------------------------------------------------------
    for write (events when receive button action):

KEY_BB_ND1_CSTR =0x0001B02B
    T_CSTR = 301
    if ReceivedButton == T_CSTR then ipc.writeLvar('L:BB_XML_EVENT',KEY_BB_ND1_CSTR) end
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    for read( turn ON/OFF LED):

EFIS_CA_Light1 = 0
    if ipc.readLvar ('L:BB_ND1_LED_ILS') == 1 then EFIS_CA_Light1=logic.Or(EFIS_CA_Light1,0x01) end
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

function BBTimerA320Front()

ReadWriteFRONT()

end

event.timer(300, "BBTimerA320Front")

------------------------------------

It works and I supose that is OK. If you have better idea please tell me.

Thank in advance.

Borna ;-)
  • HI,

As of this time, the keys on the MCDU dont have EVENTS or LVARS associated, but I'm hopeful BBS might be able to add this in the near future. For the time being, Ive got the MCDU on a touchscreen.

GIT indicates that there are associated mouseclicks for the MCDU, however I have had very little luck when trying to harness mouseclick events in the majority of P3D aircraft.

You may find that using these mouseclicks may cause unexpected outcomes, and something I wouldn't advise. You may have to reset the sim if you do experiment/try - again, I would not recommend this method.
    For the 2D MCDU, these mouseclicks are MCDU:Blackbox-AirbusA320.dll, using 536870912 (left mouseclick) with values from 9 through to 76. Again, I really dont recommend using these.

The FCU, ECAM, Overheads and main dash buttons/switches/LEDs all work using EVENTS and LVARs.

The 3 position value with the Strobe switch was just an example of a control that has more than 2 positions.
    GIT does a great job of synchronising the aircraft switches with however the GoFLight switches are set on loading the aircraft. However, to ensure that any switches or rotaries are always in sync, even during flight, I tend to use the following code logic in GIT (you will need to transpose into whatever programming language you want to use)

Function : BBS-LIGHTS-STROBE_ON

Switch BB_OH_SW_STROBE
    Case 0
    Send 118976 with 0
    Send 118976 with 0
    Case 1
    Send 118976 with 0
    Case 2
    EndSwitch

This function will move the strobe switch from whatever position its currently in the sim, to ON. If the switch is currently Off (BB_OH_SW_STROBE=0), it will send 2 events for force the switch to be moved 2 places. If it was in Auto (BB_OH_SW_STROBE=1), it will only send 1 event to force it to ON.
    This is useful if you only have a 2 position switch and want to use it with a 3 position sim switch.

Function : BBS-LIGHTS-STROBE_OFF

Switch BB_OH_SW_STROBE
    Case 2
    Send 118977 with 0
    Send 118977 with 0
    Case 1
    Send 118977 with 0
    Case 0
    EndSwitch

It makes more sense when you use this with rotary switches, but I thought Id use this as a simple example to start with.

If you have any specific LVAR/EVENTS that are missing from the list you have currently, or dont seem to be accurate anymore, let me know and Ill pass on the details.

Hope this was some help to you.
  • Hi,

Thanks for help. I understand what I have to do. For now I don't have any question, just one wish.
    If you have any contact with BBS boys please them to do events for MCDU in next update.

Once again thanks a lots.

Borna ;-)
  • Hello,
    does anybody know, if already a list with all LVAR/EVENTS or OFFSETS exists? Thank you. Guenter