PFM won't start

Bought the WideBody Family Prologue today, and the PreFlight Manager won't start. I have the latest version, running P3D v4.3 on WIN 10 64-bit. The Windows Event Viewer states the following:

.NET Runtime error:

Application: BlackBox PreFlight Manager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Management.ManagementException
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(System.Management.ManagementStatus)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.Get()
at ‌‬​​‪‏‮‪‪‬‪‮‌‭‭​‏‍‎​‏‌‮.‫‏‮‏‫‮‪‍‭‮‮‮‏​‬‪‬‏‬‎‎‪‌‍‌‮(System.String)
at ‌‬​​‪‏‮‪‪‬‪‮‌‭‭​‏‍‎​‏‌‮.‫‬‏​‏‫‬‫‌‮‫‎‍‏​‪‍‮‮‏‫‍‮‫‭‪​‪‭‮(Boolean)
at BlackBox_PreFlight_Manager.App.Application_Startup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at BlackBox_PreFlight_Manager.App.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at BlackBox_PreFlight_Manager.App.Main()

Also an application error:

Faulting application name: BlackBox PreFlight Manager.exe, version: 1.0.6600.24120, time stamp: 0x5a6b1de1
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.319, time stamp: 0x5ea0e53d
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001117d2
Faulting process id: 0x1690
Faulting application start time: 0x01d46ada2ed17490
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\BlackBox Simulation\PreFlight Manager\BlackBox PreFlight Manager.exe
Faulting module path: E:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: e0951679-fb2e-4994-b5df-01a68f678d0b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Suffice to say, the aircraft only loads in demo mode as I need the PFM to activate it. Hopefully someone can help me with this problem.

Comments

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the PFM? Ensure you run the installer as an Admin to overcome potential issues.
  • I installed it with Admin rights and also (tried to) run it as Admin. Will try to download it again in case Dropbox corrupted the download, but then again if that happened it probably wouldn't install properly. Anyhow, will try to uninstall and reinstall tomorrow.
  • Downloaded PFM again, uninstalled and reinstalled, alas with same result. The PFM shows the splash screen as before, and then just quits. Similar error messages in the Windows event viewer, and this is what the debug log says:

Begin Logfile - BlackBox PreFlight Manager v1.0.6600.24120 - 24.10.2018 10:14:12
    0.205 PreFlight - Running As Administrator
    3.238 PreFlight - Reading registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10.0
    3.238 PreFlight - Reading registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DovetailGames\FSX
    3.241 PreFlight - Reading registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10.0
    3.241 PreFlight - Active Simulator Found - M:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX
    3.256 PreFlight - Using WMI Fallback

Seems like the software finds my FSX installation (which I don't use anymore since I've switched to P3D v4.3), and then quits after stating "Using WMI Fallback"... whatever that means.
  • Terje

It looks like when you stopped using FSX, the registry entries weren't removed. If you feel confident, you can manually remove them using RegEdit, and navigating to the paths stated above.
  • The registry entries are there simply because I haven't uninstalled FSX, and I probably won't for a while as I still have (expensive) aircraft there that I don't have in P3D. So even if I don't use FSX nowadays, I still want to have the possibility to use it up to the point where all my FSX aircraft are available in P3D.

So if the PFM can't handle a simultaneous installation of FSX and P3D, I'm in trouble.
  • The PFM can handle more than one simultaneous Flight Simulator installation, it was a line of investigation that hasn't solved the issue unfortunately.

Can you please send me the debug file for the PFM? You can find it here: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\BlackBox Simulation\PreFlight Manager
  • I already pasted the PFM debug log/file into one of my posts further up in this thread/topic, look there.
  • Do I smell a refund coming my way? I'm not prepared to pay for something that doesn't work.
  • Got this to work by simply renaming the FSX folder so that the PFM couldn't locate FSX.

The PFM itself is an impressive tool, although it runs outside the simulator when doing PAX/fuel/cargo. The two widebody aircraft need quite some work before they are up to the standard I prefer/expect my aircraft to have in this category (commercial/airliner). Biggest flaw is during landings, they bounce like a Cessna despite correct landing speed and flare attitude.
  • can you help just reinstalled a330 and pfm but wont start fully the splash screen appears but then it goes off an nothing else appears.