Change Sim Path Directory

Why can't i change my sim directory in the manager because my BBS A330 & livery downloader are not showing up in the PreFlight Manager. The v4.2 directory should be P:\P3D V4.2 not P:\New Folder\. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The aircraft works perfectly in sim and shows up, manager is stuffing over

Comments

• Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

The PFM uses the registry to detect the installation paths. Have you tried:
    1. Using the latest version of the PFM available (v1.0.6600)
    2. Re-installing the PFM/A330 - is there a chance that you may have inadvertently installed the 32-bit version instead of the 64-bit version?
  • Hi,
    I had the same Problem. reinstall didn't fix the Problem so i start search, after i read the hint with "The PFM uses the registry to detect the installation paths" and i found a solutions.

! IMPORTANT !
    =======================================================
    Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/10388
    =======================================================

It looks like, that BBS use one specific path for this. So here is my walk around:

1. close BBS Preflight Manger
    2. open the console (WIN+R)
    3. Enter "regedit"
    4. go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> WOW6432Node -> Lockheed Martin -> Prepar3D v4
    5. change the "SetupPath" to your P3D install location
    6. start BBS Preflight Manger

Info:
    - The "WOW6432Node" may can change.
    - Tested with Prepar3D v4.3.29.25520
    - Tested with BBS Pre Flight Manager v1.0.6600
    - Tested with BBS WideBody-Family v0.87.8